“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 23 July 2011

Colours and food and another pix added later on Saturday

about a year ago when we had our house repainted, Alex and I were shocked to see that the red and green in our "heritage" palette were wrong...too brassy.  Well ok we thought, it'll fade.  However, after being here for a while I realise we were far too conservative...here's what we should have aimed for:





or even......


 or


 well, ok, perhaps not the last two!!  virtually all the colours used are in the yelllow/orange /red palette.  I think these two must have been going through a manic phase..or perhaps they just wanted to be different.

a coupla nighta ago we had a  farewell evening meal for 3 of the class who were leaving and we chose the swankiest restaurant in the town.  We ordered antipasto and there was so much we never got into either the pasta or the meat courses, ..just the desert, coffee and brandy. pix will follow once I can work out how to get them to stay the right way up, failing that I'll just post them as sideways pix ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment