“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 3 July 2011

Germany to Austria and ?to Italy


I left Karlsruhe very early in order to get to Sankt Johann in Tirol so as to to pick up some bike gear and get on the way to Italy.  However, the journey was very slow..there were a couple of long tail backs..the sort where  you get to the end of it and can’t work out why it happened, plus the weather over the hills was a bit feral and I began to think I’d only do a short hop after St J, perhaps to Bolzano, home of Otzi the Ice Man   Sooo, when Sieglinde and Hans offered me a bed for the night at our usual place in St J, I accepted with 100% gratitude. Tomorrow’s journey will be a full day’s one, but at least I’ll get a good rest tonight.  

I’ve taken the opportunity to buy food for a couple of days and am currently indulging in overdosing on bananas at 1.79 euros a kg and also that contraindication of health versus addiction, namely coffee flavoured yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment