“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 8 July 2011

Hold the front page.....

I went to a concert of classical music.

That HAS to be the news of the decade....AND I didn't fall asllep/walk out or fidgetted (?spelling)

It was  good, and even brilliant in part...or at least the hairs on my arms thought so.  2 of the women were especially good and were a delight to listen to.   Then this morning there was a going away party for them here at the school and they sang again...this time traditional popular songs and once again the two ladies starred. 

They were mostly from USA but also Monaco, Germany and Ireland and all were hoping to become professional singers.  I was sad for one of the girls who had a nice voice but couldn't act at all..totally wooden, so i guess there's not much of a career ahead of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment