“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 6 July 2011

La mia casa

Tuesday 5/7
Yay Cadel…you little ripper! 

The TV in my apartment actually worked and I was at home just in time to watch the final stages of the race and then see it repeated and dissected for an hour…fantastico! Complimenti Cadel, brava!
Today was the first full day of Italian lessons with grammar (conditional and prepositions) in the am with a group of singers from America, Latvia and Monaco then a 2 hour break followed by conversation in the afternoon with some dancers from America and Canada!  Very cultural!  
I’ve managed to avoid going on a trip this evening to a next door village for a concert given by a group of singers from another school ….it begins at 9pm and will go on til at least 11:30 or even later.  I’d be asleep within minutes of it starting.  However I will definitely *not* be avoiding the concert our school singers (the group I’m with in the am) are giving here in Urbania on Thursday. It also won’t commence until 9:00 but only lasts for an hour or so.  However it will be a long night anyhow ‘cos there’s a street party every Thursday during July and my apartment is in the town centre…speaking of which
La mia casa...and yup..it's the orange house!









Basic but more than adequate and yes, I tidied it up especially for the pix!..I opted not to include one of the bathroom…..it has all the usual bits and is nothing special either good or awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment