“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 4 August 2011

thunderstorm

Yesterday was s'posed to be the start of a racing block of 7 races......4 x TT, 2 x RR and 1x300m giggle sprint, but finally the Brit weather ran truer to form than it has been and rain stopped play.  Actually it was thunderstorm stopped play. Very sad.

Ah well..better not to race than risk life and limb racing a TT on the A11 dual carriageway in anything less than good weather with 100% visibility.

It took me the best part of 2 days to get over my solo drive across Europe....the sheer length/stress of it  plus having to sleep in my car sorta made me a bit tired.  Now I'm about to fight the traffic from Norfolk across to Wiltshire, but only after i've done a training session...seeing as how I did nothing yesterday.   Hmm that reminds me, I have to move the SRM powercranks across fromm TT to road bike.

So its off to the rels today, staying with my neice and her family.  The kids have got to the age when finally they'll be taller than me and so I've requested they either sit down while talking to me or I'm provided with a set of stilts (the type made from syrup tins).

Next race..next Wednesday, then off for a short spell in London town...i had hoped to watch the test Olympics road race, but have found out that what would probably be the best place..ie Box Hill, a circuit they do multiple times, is closed to spectators due to a rare butterfly/plant/something or other.

Speaking of the Olympics, does any one know of anyone at all who has got tickets for the Olympics??  straw poll here amongst my coach's many cycling friends and aquaintances found 1 friend with a ticket for kayaking and some of my rels have Modern Pentathlon tickets.  Disgruntle time is approaching methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment