“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 24 August 2011

TT and yet another positive split

got third...and as always the ability to hold something in reserve for the return trip is a skill that eludes me. As a result  I rocked going out and didn't coming back.

ah well...one day perhaps!

Rest day tomorrow and a trip to Salzburg is on the cards in order to send my TT bike home as freight rather than incur  a mega buck fine for excess baggage. I did the same coming over and  even so was on the limit with my checked in and carry on luggage. 

The problem of excess luggage is magnified by the fact that  the trophies you get here are rather large and heavy and they give trpohies well down into the field..so in the older ladies classes you almost certain to get one. What a nice dilemma..place and get a huge trophy but can't get it home without paying,  What do you do??!..you can hardly refuse them.  One person I know managed to get hers on board without paying using the tried and tested method of bursting into tears when told how much it'd cost her...but  sadly bursting into tears, like good timing in a TT, just isn't in my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment