“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 7 August 2011

UK time

?????!!!

I was born in England, I speak English (I also speak Australian!), but unless you live in the country you can't keep up with the latest phrases and signs such as the above are a bit of a mystery.

Visiting my family is now a strictly south of the country journey..no more travelling up to Scotland, Newcastle or Chester ..now I am very familiar with the City of London, and  the country side around Swindon, Stroud, Marlborough and places between.

The architecture of Cheshire


has been taken over by thatch

and flintstone

Driving on the left is not too hard and has been drama free...but  night time driving on 2 way roads is not amongst my favourite tasks, especially in area where the catseyes have been removed ?why? 

No comments:

Post a Comment