“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Crits x 2

Tuesday's crit was not the best for me..I got spat out the back far too early.  After trying to work out why, I realised 2 things ...firstly the pace was  faster than the previous week and with no let up, secondly I need to learn to corner better as I seemed to be for ever catching up to close the gap that appeared in front of me at each of the 3 major corners on the red circuit we raced both days.

Acknowledgment:Eastern Vets CC for the above map


Alex however had a good time in A grade racing his new bike for the first time and  getting 3rd place, allowing him to pay me back some of what he owes me!!!!


So today,  Wednesday, I decided to do another crit, this one at the Boulie loop (Yarra Boulevard).

The published start time was 10:00 and I thought I'd missed it but  when I finally found the group,  I was "just" in time.  This loop, unlike yesterday's 1.2 km is probably about ~ 900m and has only 2 corners, 1 downhill (the northern one), 1 uphill (the more difficult southern one)  which, with about 22 laps during the 40 something minutes race gave me 44 opportunities to analyse my cornering skills..or lack thereof.  

a part of the graph


I felt much better after the race and was pleased to be told I'd been considered a risk for the uphill sprint finish!   ....next time maybe.......

No comments:

Post a Comment