“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Ride 5 towards the Rapha ride to redemption

The Rapha 500 competition has certainly got me out onto the road more than I would have without the challenge.  I feel sorry for the northern hemisphere cyclists and am amazed at the exploits of some who have managed to ride the 500 in just a couple of days.

December 28th
 this ride was another of the iconic Melbourne rides, the 1 in 20, plus a bit extra to make the total up to greater than 50km.  My grand total so far is 334km and of the 2743 competitors I'm currently sitting in  352nd  place.




Good things happened today:
  • After yesterday's slog against thoughtless motorists who seemed keen on getting more than just a bit too close, I was delighted with their politeness today, waiting until the road widened before passing me and generally giving me a wide berth....when there was any traffic that is.
  • My politically incorrect suntan is getting a working over.  
  • No punctures!

In an amazing bit of forward planning I left some gear at work today, so tomorrow's ride will be part commute, part another heave over Mt Dandenong.

No comments:

Post a Comment