“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 10 December 2011

A temporary change of title and a different sort of training

A temporary  change of title 

while I put in 14 hours/week at the salt mine...ie work...gotta fund the hols OS somehow!   2 half days and 1 day from 0930 to 1600 are doable and only go til the end of January....and it's nice to feel wanted.

I had to turn down 2 other offers...guess there might be a shortage of rehab Physios looking for just a few hours here and there... so maybe,just maybe.... they might be a bit desperate!!!

and  a different sort of training

I'm taking a mini break from doing track work over the holiday season in order to ramp up the amount of endurance road sessions.  My coach doesn't want me to do quite as much top end stuff too soon.  Today's ride was 2 hours over a million undulations to the north  of the Dandenongs.




I've also been doing some rather tedious  general fitness work at a local gym...well to me all gym work is tedious.  2 sessions a week..one for increasing power and strength in my legs and the other one is....boxing!!!  Boxing ...good for cycling??!!  probably not, but it's a bit of fun, it exercises my pathetically weak upper body, is good for core strength, raises a sweat and, as a bonus, if anybody has been annoying me, I can imagine them on the receiving end of my wickedly hard (!!..not) punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment