“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 5 July 2012

1 week to go

and the TT bike and it's wheels are already on their way via Jetta and Thai airways. They should arrive in Rome next Thursday or Friday and since I arrive on Friday I'm rather hoping they'll be there for me to claim them  when I arrive.

Today I trial packed the rest of my stuff, plus road bike and 2 sets of wheels and am well within the 30kgs checked baggage +7kg carry on allowance.  

Experience from the past 2 years has made me realise that while freighting a bike over to Europe with Jetta is not toooo expensive, bringing it back is.  Sooo instead of wasting mega bucks on freighting the TT bike back, I'm wasting on myself.... flying  business class...for the 40 kgs allowance but also for the comfort....

7 more sleeps and  I'll be glad to get away from:  
  • the cold weather
  • the wet weather
  • having to watch the TdF during the wee hours
  • the awful, awful ads during TdF.

No comments:

Post a Comment