“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 26 July 2012

Assorted pix from my stay near Rome

Sperlonga is a seaside spot where Tiberius had his summer home. These pix are of the fresh water ponds he created/had created right next to the sea which are/were actually a fish farm


Nemi..a small town on the edge of a volcanic lake. Caligula had a pretend navy here and we visited the museum where the remains of the ships were on view. They had been excavated fairly intact in 1940 but subsequently were burnt down


Really really old Roman road complete with ruts where wheels have worn the stone down. The Appian Way is where Crassus crucified 6,000 slaves after the 3rd Servile War (of Spartacus fame)


No comments:

Post a Comment