“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 20 July 2012

Total immersion Italian classes + training

leave almost no time for anything else...including blogging, going to the bank ,the supermarket, the bike shop etc etc.

my days have been something like this:

0500 get up
0530 out on the bike
0815 leave BnB to walk to the house via the cafe
0900 brekky
1000 start classes
1300-1400.lunch
pm outing
2100 evening meal
2230-be driven home for bed

the loooong days and the heat have caught up with me today and I've begged off having an evening meal, settling for  a sandwich in my room instead.

I think the nail in the coffin regarding my fatigue was yesterday's ride  which started and ended in the heat of the afternoon and which was supposedly 40km long...or at least that's what I thought it was until I realised the man telling me the info was English and he was talking in miles..so it turned out to be somewhat longer than anticipated.o
 Since I don't "do" sitting  on the beach, while the others were sitting on the beach, I was riding home via a bicycle shop (natch!)



I was particularly grateful for the presence of these umbrella pine trees which created shade on the road and also gave me markers for intervals.

Beach to city ride



another ride to a volcanic lake..the lake to the north is where the Pope has his summer residence

eye candy




No comments:

Post a Comment