“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 6 August 2012

Basta!

in Italian this means "enough,"!
After about 3 or maybe 4 days of living with a family near Rome I'd decided I never wanted to eat pasta again..ever.  BASTA PASTA!

and now I think I've seen and photographed a life's worth of flag throwing.  Highly spectacular, skilled etc but...basta,



luckily there's usually an inebriated friar or two to lighten the atmosphere.....
and even before the day is done, some have just had enough.....
and that was me too.  I didn't stay for the races.I had had enogh sun for the day what with a 2 .5 hour road ride  plus watching the parade.,,,

Final note...something wrong with maths here...the temp was supposedly high 20s...pffft,,more like mid 30's and my Garmin keeps telling me the gradient of the roads I'm riding are 4-6% and I KNOW they are more!!! ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment