“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 3 August 2012

It's Palio time

yesterday evening there was a procession from each quarter of the town around their area, ending up at their church where the priest blessed the participants.

Most of my pix are very ordinary due to it being dusk and my camera being somewhat basic..however:






So I went out again today to get some more shots of where we went in order to set the scene for the big days over the w/e




the first shot is of the symbols of the 4 quartieres and the lower one is the one we've ended up supporting..Porta Oria






pedestrian access when the gate's closed!







and yes it's good to start getting flag tossing skills early, but it's REALLY
 hard when the flag is sooo big!


sigh...with mountains all round...what's not to like?

3 comments:

  1. They seem to have lots of processions or festivals whenever you are around! Just had emerg carpal tunnel release this afternoon under local block. Sudden onset early Hours Wed morning and no letup on the pins and needles, even rubbed skin raw dealing with it! Is 5 weeks tomorrow since last urgery, so was lucky to see him a week earlier and done same day. More time on trainer on TT bars as was 'open' but hope this is end of everything now .enjoy your riding and I'll be watching results later in month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you're having tough time of it. Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery and an end to all your probs. My results will be very ordinary at the best...suggest you look from the bottom of the list then up...wont have to go far!! I've habituated to riding in the heat with a gelato as great recovery food, but the hills still kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need some rewards after your ride! Hope the weather stays ok and doesn't turn to rain when you get to Austria.

    ReplyDelete