“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 29 April 2013

A very busy weekend racing.

A few years ago there were hardly any TT's in Victoria...now I'm spoilt for choice, with 2 on offer this last weekend in the north east of the state..Wangaratta on Saturday and Kialla nr Shepparton on Sunday.  Both a bit on the short side and both almost dead flat.


A great round trip with a set goal.... since I've ridden both these courses before it'll give me a chance to  see if the road bike set up can hack it on a flat course..ie just how important are oval tubes/bike aerodynamics etc for slower riders.

I've ridden this course before although not with a 20kph headwind when riding the long leg from S to N



the profile overstates the hills more than somewhat.  I didn't do too brilliantly  for a few reasons...firstly I was feeling crap on Thursday and Friday with a cold coming on and so was a bit under the weather, then  (as I later discovered) my saddle had shifted down, backwards and to the side!  Doh!  So while not totally disgracing myself, I was less than stellar and was thinking maybe I'll have to take 2 bike OS afterall.

I stayed overnight in Wangaratta in my favourite motel there...Ryley Motor Inn they know me well now and are happy to let me into my room waaay early.  Not only is it a nice place at a modest cost, it's right next door to an Indian restaurant...woo hoo!

The next day I drove over to Kialla and once again it was a bit windy but this time round the direction meant that we had tail and headwinds on the long sides.  Once again the profile overstates the rise and fall of the course.



It was just before this race that I realised my saddle was twisted to the right but it wasn't until much later at home that I realised it had also shifted down and back.....will I ever get it right?  Maybe I should let the professionals set my bike up rather than trying to do it myself!

I raced this already a bit leg weary but had decided to go 100% even if it meant dying later on..so I did but didn't fade too much into the 6km headwind leg. I was amused to hear my time was exactly the same as the last time I was here.

My next race is in 2 weeks time at Benalla and is another course I've raced before.  Once again dead flat but with 2 heaves over the freeway to test the legs at the beginning and end of the course.


No comments:

Post a Comment