“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 9 August 2013

Another thunderstorm

I've been in Italy 4 weeks now and I've lived through 4 mega thunderstorms.
The most significant one hit Torino just before our road race resulting in a delay in starting as they swept standing water off the road and a shortening of our course...taking out the 1 hill that would have made the course VERY interesting and also a challenge.  The delay also meant our course changed from 4 to 3 laps...making the race under 30 km rather than just over 40.  Esssentially it was just another Kermesse, but the mud slides down the hill meant using that part of the course was just not possible...shame.

I kept up with the lead group and only allowed them off the leash (!!!!!) for the sprint in to the finish since my competition wasn't present, and was in fact 5 minutes adrift. 
mouth open Tony Martin style in the TT  (on my road bike)
and also in the Crit

Today is a rest day and tomorrow we decamp to Feltre..me in the overloaded car, the guys on the train.


No comments:

Post a Comment