“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Monday 19 August 2013

Criterium


Today's race was the crit..and this version called for 10 laps giving us 11-12 km race with points up for grabs for the first 5 across the line after 5 laps.
the pace was on from the get go with a surge at lap 5 that left me floundering and chasing.  My competition, Vida from Slovenia, had stayed with the front group but a few laps later she's been dropped and was back with us...then the front group had slowed and we were altogether again.  I marked Vida but she beat me by a wheel in the sprint to the finish.  I think I'm right in saying she's an ex- Olympian so I'm punching way above my weight.

My prologue result was either discovered or made up...they got me as being .1sec (1/10th of a second) slower than Vida

the podium for the road race


What with the racing and the party that went on outside my hotel room til 0330, the drive back to Feltre was punctuated by 3 stops for power naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment