“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 17 August 2013

Hartberg Road Race

Done,dusted and won.

We were ok..our  start time was correct but others were not so fortunate..the internet said 1 thing...the revised list (NOT posted on the internet) another. This meant some who were to race at 1pm arrived at the start at 1100.  Not happy Jan!!



The group of ladies 35 and up was about 15 strong.  the race started off with about 5km fairly flat which was just as well since I needed all of that to wake up:-)

The hills saw some falling off the back and at some point the person I saw as my major opposition got dropped.  I was climbing strongly only getting into difficulty once when a poor gear change caused me to drop back.

2km from the end the younger ladies started to play cat and mouse so I went to the front to up the pace in order to ensure my opposition didn't get back on.  Needless to say I was well and truly swamped in the sprint to the line, but...who cared...I'd won my class.  Yay!

No pix.  Sleep calls as yesterday's drive, plus race plus today's race has left me just a bit weary!

No comments:

Post a Comment