“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Some quotes

In a weak moment I read an article about Australia's latest cultural embarrassment - a female Australian who was convicted of attempting to smuggle drugs INTO (!) Indonesia and was in jail for 10 of a 20 year sentence.

The comments on the article provided me with the following pieces of gold:

  • "Good on her and her family, 9 years in jail for a very debatable guilty verdict from such a corrupt country when the case was a shambles with no clean proof except 'it was in her bag' is pretty pathetic".


  • Rusted on nut jobs   A description of people who still believe in something despite 100% proof against.


  • Like most people I'm over the Corby thing.... let's just let bogans be bogans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment