“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 26 July 2014

Sella Ronda

Final day at Cortina and we were lucky enough to have good weather...or rather we started and finished in good weather but got rained on round the back...close to hail actually and  since we were descending at the time, we got rather cold.

Corvara looks to be an interesting place..ie loads of sports clothes shops and I stopped atone and bought a maglia...that's 3 cycling tops, 2 polo shirts,1 warm jacket, 1pr gloves, 1pr socks...all on sale added to my wardrobe! 



Simoni statue at the top of Passo Pordoi

Passo Sella and the weather was still ok
Entering the Gardena area and that cloud was about to drop it's load on us


and finally Passo Campolongo
this last climb, despite appearing on paper to be the easiest had some nasty pinches coming out of Corvara.

And finally...this sign was onthe window of our closest shop/bar.  Sadly no camera with me when I saw it and when I went back to take a pix but it had gone, so this is a mock up....


No comments:

Post a Comment