“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 24 August 2014

Farewell Hartberg and hello Sankt Johann in Tirol



So ...that's concluded what may well have been THE most exhausting 9 days I have ever experienced!

I had entered all 7 events without having the remotest intention of racing all 7, however...after winning the criterium on day 2 and the road race on day 3 and therefore winning the leader's yellow jersey, how could I not go on and race the lot.


 I was super strong on the hills after all that mountain climbing in the Dolomiti and Alps and so was able to keep up with the younger riders (35 yr olds) ...usually until the last km or so when they upped  the pace considerably.

The hill climb on the second last day was a struggle-some low day for me but with  10 min buffer ahead of the second placed rider I was able to concede only32 seconds on the final race...the Time trial and so thankfully held onto the yellow jersey. Final tally was 1 x 3rd (prologue), 5 x 1st (3 road races, the hill climb and the Crit), 1 x 2nd (TT)

After peeling off the plaques (?spelling??), I donate all trophies to Tracy Lea who uses them in the races she promotes for juniors, however I will be keeping the overall trophy.,,,.the brandy glass shaped one in the centre.(missing is a trophy for the prologue..the program said the presentation was to be at 10pm but it actually happened at 9pm!...no show=no trophy)

After experiencing a noisy room in a hotel in the centre of town last year, I opted to stay in a quite location 10km out of town.




The distance was a bit of an issue but the hosts were friendly, the food plentiful and yummy, the ambience great, there were other Aussies there and the bed was comfortable...so I'll be wanting to return there next year.  There was a farm close by with genuine free range hens, so I bought some eggs for this week..10 eggs for  2 euros,


Wigwam or drying hay?
To close this post, I want you to share my 2 am/0200. confusion ...after 9 days of hopping out of bed and turning left for the bathroom...tonight it was hop out of bed turn left and  find myself trying to get into the wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment