“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 17 June 2015

11 weeks of training in the mountains then racing on the flat



Resurrection of my travel blog....again!
I’m about to go on another cycling adventure in Europe and my blog will go live once again.....no point in keeping it going when I’m back home as I lead a very boring life.

28/6  fly out to Munich then Sankt Johann in Tirol, Austria for a night

30/6-11/7..Pedavena..a hamlet at the base of Monte Avena and our house is on the road to  Passo Croce d’Aune..a bit of a climb to get home each day but nowhere near as bad as last year’s grovel. Climbs will be Passo San Boldo, Croce d’Aune,  Monte Grappa . 

11/7-18/7  Canazei..to ride in particular Passo Pordoi /the Selle Ronde group  and the Fedaia

18/7-25/7  Cortina D’Ampezzo for the Giau, Falzarego, Valparola, Tre Cime, Tre Croce, etc etc

25/7- 1/8  Bormio for the best of the best ...Stelvio, Mortirolo and Gavia (hopefully better than last 
year)


 1/8-8/8  Feltre for the Palio and to break out the TT bike. 

8/8-12/8 Treviso..for a change of scenery and  more flat land training

12/8-22/8 Hartberg, Austria for 7 races  Prologue, crit, TT, HC and 3 x RR (Alex gets 1 extra race)

22/8-29/8 Sankt Johann in Tirol for 2 races ..TT and RR

29/8 to Denmark  for the World Masters Road Championships..TT at Hobro on Wed 3/9h and RR at Aarlborg on Sunday 6th

Then back St J to dump my stuff and back to Munich to fly out. 
11/9  back home

One day when we're  in Austria we plan on going to see this beauty which I last visited in 1968!:


There ‘ll be regular updates on FB with pretty pix. ..pls feel free to “friend” me the more detailed stuff will be on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment