“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 23 June 2015

5 days and counting

With nothing left to do before I fly out except have coffee/lunch with friends, get out on the bike, get my hair cut and the cat groomed, race a TT and pack, it's time to start being a bit more specific about where we're going on this year's epic adventure. Hmm...almost nowhere new! So any adventures will be situational rather locational...and according to Google spell check both those words are made up! 

 So, after I've cleared customs, met up with Tabatha, got the car, driven down to Sankt Johann in Tirol to pick up stuff, stayed a night and then driven down south into Italy...we arrive at Pedavena for an 11 day stay.

We're staying at Casera al Capitel on the road to Passo Croce d'Aune
where we stayed last year was beyond Le Fiere which is bottom left of the map and the climb to that house defeated me.....never did manage it without putting my foot down to get the  BP down to manageable levels!

I know I can ride this year's road 'cos I've done it already, but even so it's a bit of a heave at the end of every ride/shopping/laundromat trip!


To get better idea of where Pedavena is:

Pedavena..just north of Feltre which is almost dead centre in this pix


  


and this is our house...sleeps 8..there are just 2 of us!

It's a ~ 3 hour drive to get there but we can't get in until 1800 so we may go for a ride in Sankt Johann first or perhaps visit the Oetzi museum at Bolzano


No comments:

Post a Comment