“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 18 July 2015

Canazei

After picking Alex up from Venice airport and driving back to Feltre to dump his bikebox in the storage place I have  rented for 3 weeks,we started what we thought was going to be a fairly easy trip over here.  However...it appears that Italian drivers are either crazy fast or incredibly slow and on twisting mountain roads it is annoying to be behind the latter.

Sunday was a try and see day for Alex but Tabatha and I did the Sella Ronde.  All was going fairly well for me ...still not with climbing legs and still not feeling 100$ and still suffering in the heat...until we hit the Passo Pordoi as the final climb.  I suffered big time and was lucky not to go backwards downhill...character building is all I can say about that part of the ride and I definitely didn't see anything but the road while chewing on the stem.

At the top I had enough energy  to take this pix
Other pix from the day:

pub chair at Corvara

that was Monday's ride and after it I needed a light day's ride...I was stuffed

No comments:

Post a Comment