“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 12 July 2015

Monte Grappa ride

The weather on Friday was much  much better and the concept of riding ¬30km uphill seemed much more possible.

Pedavena to Monte Grappa


We set off  early and the climb started after about a10km warm up..we climbed and climbed.  The scenery was perfect, the weather clement and the ride seemed easier than last year.  The road appeared to have deteriorated..there was a bad stretch last year but it seems much longer now.

As we got closer to the top the temperature dropped and when we got to the top the sweat on clothes, gloves and helmet felt really cold.  The descent was cold but a bit slower that usual for me...2 reasons..I lost a contact lens and also that front wheel blowout from last week has made me a bit more nervous.

somewhere on the descent

view from  a BnB I wish we'd stayed at, Cart nr Feltre

No comments:

Post a Comment