“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Austria, Slovenia and Italy





Just the name of a town in France that I hurtled past on a freeway.  This pix liberated from the interweb 'cos I couldn't stop to take my own



From staying in Karlsruhe for the night and discovering that breakfast was put on an hour later than advertised due to it being a public holiday, I drove to my home from home Sankt Johann in Tirol.  Originally I'd planned to stay for just 2 nights but on receiving an unrefuseable offer I ended up staying  Monday to Friday.  I rode the road race course x 1 and the TT course x 2.  This wood pile changes every year and every year I take a pix!



Friday morning early I shot off to Slovenia for the TT race there.  My start time was about 5:20 pm so there was plenty of time to find my apartment, find the  registration place, have a rest and return in time to warm up and finally race. I linked up with an old friend, Vida Ursic, which was nice but also handy for translations.  Finally at about 10pm , the presentations concluded and I got back home to bed.

On to Italy and in particular to Lancenigo a small town just north of Treviso (home of Pinarello), to our home for 4 weeks and where we've stayed for the past 2 years.  The apartment is nothing flash but is very economical and close enough to the railway station to allow us easy access to Treviso, Venice and points north as needed for my sister who doesn't drive.  For me there are flat straight roads, nearby hills and if I ever find it a velodrome that's not too far away.

grape vines and castles and the 1 nearby hill!


there's always a cow!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting - my comment didn't save! I wanted to know if you hopped on the bikes behind you for presentations, or were they there just for decoration and the 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! The presentation went on for what seemed like ages; it was actually only for an hour but that was because it started at 9pm by which time I was somewhat over it all. If I go next year I'll go back to the apartment between times..this year I was a bit in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They drag things out a bit!!! I know your race was late, but even so. Sound like a good idea to disappear for a while in between if you are back next year!

    ReplyDelete