“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 14 July 2017

France..Avignon first stop

Or at least that was the plan, but where I'd booked was miles from any where and so we bailed, ending up in Malaucene, at the base of Mont Ventoux.


??!! outside where we were to have stayed

book case with a difference

at Gap..Alex had to stop in the middle of the street to allow me to take this pix out the car window!

no idea where this was..too much climbing has caused brain fade
 onto Ventoux..took me 2 goes but I got there!



 Sadly  it was the same day as the 50th Anniversary of Tom Simpson's death.  Sadly and selfishly because I didn't want to stop/put my foot down but with  this crowd in the way I had no choice.

I never saw the memorial as it was swarmed with Brits. However I did see quite alot of people stopped gasping by the side of the road and/or walking their bike up and rather sadly up the last really steep bit I had the misfortune to be behind someone in riding shorts rather than bibnix and whose shorts were too small causing an unedifying hairy bum vista for me.  He was using toe clips and luckily for me his foot shot off the pedal causing him to stop...the rest of the final heave was a much better sight!!

These public toilets were a bit of a surprise..luckily I had changed out of bike shoes!

3 comments:

  1. You've got some good pics again, not only of the rides but also of your 'wanderings! bet you were wondering if you were in Asia somewhere when you came across the unconventional public toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was young this kind of toilet was very frequent! Hélène

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last seen and used in GUM, Moscow and also somewhere in a bar in the south of Italy, the latter while in bike shoes!

      Delete