“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Matera to Velletri via Alberobello

The plan was to go to Alberobello on Sunday to see the Trulli style houses, but general fatigue overtook us and so we declared it  a lay day instead.  So finally we stirred ourselves and went for a walk to a nearby quarry that had been turned into a sculpture park.

There was an honesty box at the entrance but the wasps flying into and out of the box made me opt for dishonesty!



So  plan b was to go to Alberobello on the way to Valletri..it would add a couple of hours, but....the style of building is confined to a very localised area around Alberobello and is due to a tax on houses...this is/was a style that could be knocked down with ease becoming just a pile of stones.  Thwarting the tax man is a universal sport!

rural type..a place for tools and equipment

genuine house with lady just leaving it

close up on brick work

tourist road
so then it was off up north..to cloudy, humid and later on very very wet weather.  Our house is  more than just a bit higher up the cost level than is my usual...I must have made a mistake!!  4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and the following ....study, conservatory, TV room, proper dining room, lounge room...all set in 2 acres of walled garden with a security gate and security guard!!!!!...I've not yet dared to check how much I paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment