“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Travelling northwest-ish.a bit..to Perugia,Umbria

A transition from Velletri to Perugia was only a 2.5 hr journey so we were able to cruise along with no stress and even stop to stock up at the supermarket before arriving at our new address at 12 noon on the dot. 

Our house here is an airbnb one about 3 km outside of the city...3 bedrooms and internet access.  Sadly no aircon and the declared TV was false advertising.  We turned on the TV in order to watch TdF (as always) but were confronted with  no signal at all.  A quick email to the owner and we discovered that there was no antenna as they were protecting their children from live TV!

Luckily I have an HDMI cable with me😉 (along with every other cable known to man) so we were able to live stream from Rai3 in Italian.  Searching for something in English I found a free 7 day trial for a streaming service and we are now on Eurosport, in English, which live streams from the start of the race.

Perugia is  one hilly city..on arriving we decided to try and find the visitor's centre to buy some local maps....needless to say we didn't find it and in trying to escape the city I ended up driving down a 23% badly cobbled twisting and off camber slope that was incredibly scarey....shudder. As always pix don't do slopes the justice they deserve so you'll just have to take my word for it!
start of the descent..looked ok really..good surface....


/
however from the car it looked and was a lot worse than this indicates..


There was a jazz festival in town..so I'm assuming these guys were a part of it:

very happy chaps just posing...


steps, slopes everywhere

.
then it was off to Assisi or as our GPS pronounces it R.C.C.

the Basilica of St Francis

ditto


we wondered if these tour guides were real monks..
and if so we assumed that tour guiding was probably a penance!! 

not drinkable

No comments:

Post a Comment