“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 24 August 2018

Sankt Johann in Tirol and to Verona for an overnight then Varese





I've been coming here since 2002. 


Long gone are the days when I could race every race provided for me...this week I only raced the TT and didn't do too well .  I won my age class but in a rather slow time and felt really ill afterwards.  We were last to start on what was a hot and humid day and the weather got to me.  As my coach said..you were never really in it..never got started.  Actually I felt sorta ok for the first 3 km, realised I was in strife by 4-5 km...slowly grinded up the hill and to the turn around, ok on the downhill then fell apart, having a coupla quiet chucks and needing to sit up and soft pedal for a while before finishing off apparently looking ok but going rather slowly.





So now I'm having a few days off. We've left the cool of Austria for the heat of Italy again..grrh. I'm going to have to arrange some ice packs for the TT at Varese.

Of course the moment I get home into Australian winter/spring I'll be groaning about being too cold...but right now I could do with a bit of cool!

We left Austria a day earlier than planned and it was the right decision...the roads were packed and tomorrow will be worse, but at least we are over  half way to Varese.


No comments:

Post a Comment