“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 8 August 2014

Back in Feltre


So the Alps and Dolomiti are now just a memory and a lasting fatigue in the legs.  I hope to return there next year in order to re-climb the mountains I've already done and perhaps a few more.  I hope to be better prepared next year and plan to allow more time in each place to give me a longer  recovery period between big efforts.

My training is now shorter sharper stuff that is much more easily done here in Feltre and knowing the area as well as I now do, I can accurately chose where to ride.  Next year there will be no house in Pedavena though...even although that slog up the hill was good "medicine/training" it's difficult access  cramped our style.  The town flat I'min now is much better despite it being basic++.

So here with me are my sister and son.  Alex continuing his training prior to his comp in Poland and my sister joining me in exploring the history of the area around the WW1 period.
Outside the cafe at the top where we encountered an Aussie we knew..small world!


Entrance to the tunnel dug right through the mountain to behind Austrian lines

We drove up Monte Grappa which was highly significant during WW1 and a bit in WW2 and also went to the War Museum at Rovereto.  Today we are having a lesson with my language teacher..it's to be a conversation on what we have learned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment