“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 20 August 2015

Yellow jersey gained and retained

As already mentioned, Monday's race was always going to be a cracker as it had everthing..slogging hills, joyous swooping descents, a flat bit and a truly awful grovel of a hill at the end of each lap.

I started the race 6 seconds off the lead and ended up 2 mins 38s ahead.  Sweet!

Tuesday was a rest day for me, while Alex got to race and was 5th on a hill top finish.

Wednesday's 44 km race was 1 peppered with blue language from me as there was something wrong with my front derailleur  which meant I was stuck in big chain ring for most of the race!


I eventually got it to shift although not before I'd been shelled out the back of the group.  I arrived 33 seconds ahead of Vida, giving me a handy better than 3 minute buffer, which I hope to extend in the next race, the Hill Climb, before ceding some to her in the final race, the Time Trial,

Alex got 8th in his race with the same time as 3rd!




No comments:

Post a Comment