“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Tour of Cambridgeshire – Granfondo and TT

13 days to go to lift off! 

Communication is all important in every aspect of life and of all the events I have entered in my sporting life, none has been so incredibly pro active as the Tour of Cambridgeshire. I have received regular email updates since entering and  with the TT on June 4th and the Granfondo the day after I have already had my TT start time sent to me...10:34:20. 

 I'm a bit fascinated about the :20 bit...does this mean the starts are at 20 sec intervals? Also my class is 70+ and with the first start at 10:30...can I assume there are quite a few in my class?? hope so.

So...these are the first 2 races I’ll be doing in Europe this year.  Both are qualifiers for the World Championships in Perth in September and both are  longer than I usually race..TT slightly longer,  Granfondo considerably! 

I hope to do well in the TT and will be happy to finish the Granfondo without having to resort to getting a lift back to the start/finish in the sag wagon!


ToC TT



GF_route_2016

No comments:

Post a Comment