“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 18 March 2012

The 3rd week of mega km's

Woo hoo! Gerrans..you're de man...you know your talents and use them wisely

Cancellara..you're a machine ...so incredibly strong and your favourite method of winning...full power to the finish ..but if you're not alone, if others have managed to stay with you.... you wont win. 


And here in Melbourne at a slower pace.....

The weather's been kinder this week and so I've had less of mind numbing ergo work and when I had to I've had  DVD's of previous years' classics on to distract me.  Memo to self, must buy more of these.....

With a public holiday on Monday and no Italian one on one conversation sessions and no track or gym session, I've managed to get a fair amount of rest and recuperation happening, so as I reported to "he who must be obeyed"...I'm still tired from the increased work but not so tired that I'm sick.  I've also managed to lose a kilo or 2 and  I'm noticing an improvement in fitness/strength/power up the hills..

Since my TT season is about to commence  (~2 TT's per month) I opted to get out on the TT bike yesterday.  I chose to ride the Boulie rather than Beach Road.  There were 2 reasons for this...firstly it's closer and secondly on the way back I can shop at Leo's supermarket in Kew.. (there are at least 3 items I regularly buy which both Coles and Woolworth's have opted to remove from their shelves but which I can still get at Leo's.  Yay for independent grocers).

my brief for this ride was 40km at high rpm with a few efforts thrown in for good measure.  Not sure about the high revs bit, but I certainly got in a few efforts as I "did" the Boulie x 3 plus the extra loop  x 1  to ensure I got to the magic number.  The saddle still feels good and with a deep dish wheel on the back and a smaller deep dish on the front, I'm happy with the set up although I need to visit John Hine at Cycle Edge in Geelong to have it  tweaked to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment