“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 18 March 2012

A 60km ride I'll probably not repeat

 you'd have to wonder where my brain was when deciding to do this ride.  First of all the weather is good, which means more people on the road, then it took me onto Toorak Road at brunch time...i mean...how dumb can you be, FFS, and finally today is the Aus Formula 1 race, located not too far  from where I started to head back home.

Yup...there were a gazillion people about and most of them were feral.

One in particular caught my attention..... I recall some years ago when smart phones/blue tooth etc first came in and all the wankers in town started talking loudly into their lapels...or at least that's what it looked like to the rest of us...!  On today's ride after watching one rather odd person I decided that it was  really difficult to tell if she was one of those sad people wandering around talking to themselves or perhaps  hearing voices or she was just having an animated phone conversation. Turns out she was having a  robust discussion on her phone  (AKA a violent argument ) but her expression plus gestures were more than a little disconcerting.

On top of the people issue I discovered that Toorak road travelling west is a very badly looked after road with a patchwork of repairs most of which  have sunk resulting in a more than somewhat dangerous ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment