“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 9 March 2012

Loooong weekend and a rather special month of March for the family

Woo,hoo!!...a whole 4 days with no work commitments and today no training at all.

 Currently  I'm employed for a regular 2 afternoons a week and 1 day a fortnight plus the occasional couple of hours on a Friday afternoon. All of which nicely fills the coffers for little luxuries such as a massage,  private Italian conversation lessons and groovy lightweight carbon cranks for my TT bike

 Training wise...my body is  slowly getting used to a different training regime and so I'm VERY pleased to have a day off the bike today..a 100% ME day....well no work and no training but still doing my other job...domestic slave. 

During the week I sold my previous TT frame on ebay and since the guy who bought it lives near where my next TT race is (Wangaratta), I've opted to drive out there to suss out the course, give my new TT bike a decent test and deliver the  frame  to him.  It's a win win situation ...it saves him freight and it saves me having to pack the thing up and hand around waiting for the courier to turn up.   The courses there tend to be pretty flat so I've got my fingers well and truly crossed that the roads are open since there's been some flooding around the state.

March 2012
  • By the end of the month Ben and Melissa will have the keys to their new house.
  • By the end of the month Alex will have had a rather significant birthday..not sure how he feels about this!
  • And finally an anniversary none of us really want to remember and certainly wont celebrate:  this time last year Alex hadn't had to take a stick out of his knee, didn't have a huge scar on his knee and hadn't spent an agonising  time in hospital on nuclear strength IV antibiotics. But a week after this holiday in 2011 he'd experienced  all of the above. A traumatic time for the entire family with Phil also in hospital at the same time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment