“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 21 June 2014

A challenge isn't a challenge unless there is a chance of failure


the above image courtesy  http://www.liveforadventure.co.uk/2012/06/12/mortirolo-stelvio-gavia-passes/

Last weekend I was in Alice Springs for 4 days and it seems that the cold, crisp and  clean air finally swept out the bugs and cobwebs.  I was there for MTB Orienteering..which was for me somewhat of a disaster competitively but...the riding on local trails was great.

Yesterday I rode a solo 130km..taking a VERY long time but after the past few weeks when I've been below par, it was the ride I just had to do.

This year I turn 70 so what better thing to do than set myself a challenge of riding as many high mountain passes as possible in the Dolomiti and Italian  alps.

MY count down days til take off is now in single figures and the weather in Feltre where I'm staying for the first 2 weeks is like this:



added:  I've opted not to tide the world masters in Slovenia.....the race is rather long and I've not got the background training done.  Plus the expense was escalating ridiculously.



No comments:

Post a Comment