“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 14 July 2017

Padova

Enough with the cycling..we need a bit of culture..where to go...Padova..it's only 50km away and there's even a velodrome there although closed to the public most times it seems.

We arrived...we couldn't find a place to park the car anywhere but finally there was not only 1 but 2 places free...I drove in front first, misjudged  where the kerb was and for the second year running we found out that Italian kerbs are razor sharp.
Alex was involved in last year's debacle and so knew where to find all the bits required to do the change over, then it was off to a Citroen garage to get the thing fixed.  Well that sorted out the parking issue as it was going to take four hours to be fixed!!!

Sooo..taxi into town and tourist time followed:

outside

inside
then it was on to walking to the botanical garden, having coffee, lunch, coffee and taking pix of thing that caught my eye

plenty of these around

no idea but I love cats so I took the pix



there are many predictable street names in Italian cities..often dates of important events or names of heroes but this one translates as Behind the Cathedral Street


??

and again!

off to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment