“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 11 June 2022

Italy 2022 version

 My home from now till mid August....Mellame...about 3km uphill (6-9% climb)from  the delightfully named Arsie' and a further 15km from the nearest big town, Feltre. 

view from my house...taken at about 5am!


The house is big so I rattle around in it somewhat and as it's for sale I have to keep it tidy in case someone wants to view it.  The walls are very thick so my wifi hotspot has to be outside on the window ledge in order to work!

I've been riding most days..temp in high20sC up to 30....not that I'm gloating of course!  I don't have a car all the time so I have to decide whether to walk or cycle the 3km hill when loaded up with groceries....yesterday with 2  x 1 litre milk and juice cartons on my back I have to confess I struggled...mind you it was at the end of a 70km ride.

Re prices petrol is about 1.98 euros, diesel 1.85 euros and coffee 1.20 euros (read that last one and weep!) 1Aus dollar was 61 euro cents when I left a week ago so I'll let you do the maths.

Scenes from recent rides:

lago di Corlo



Ponte della vittoria, lago di Corlo
this is the third really rickety bridge I've crossed and every time I'm reminded that I can't swim!

bridge end

I take a photo of this place every year..no idea what it is

I'm off to Croatia with my sister for a 4 day quick trip in a week's time.  Originally it was to use up some days outside of the Schengen area as I was in Europe for 3 days over the 90 allowable non visa days.  Now with my holiday cut back by 2 weeks, it's just a welcome break not a neccessity.

More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment