“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 6 February 2013

lumps, signs and saddle issues

 Lumps
5 years ago I had a crash on the road resulting in  the usual gravel wounds on both elbows.  The left elbow was worse and so attracted the most attention in the ED. 
 Later on a lump started to grow on my right elbow, I thought it was some gravel trying to exit..my doctors didn't agree...called it a granuloma(!). Finally I decided to force the issue and went to a dermatologist, who also didn't agree with me..calling it a "nodule" and before Xmas injecting it with something to try and settle it down. 

 Yesterday he somewhat reluctantly excised the lump and guess what it was......yup gravel and associated tissue growing around it. There are times when you just have to trust your own judgement.

Signs and totally unappreciated humour
Today I was driving with Alex to Brighton   and had taken a different route in a vain effort to avoid the morning traffic. We passed by the "Springvale Botanical Cemetery" which prompted me to ask if this is where we should take all our dead plants.  Silence ensued.  Doh! and here's me thinking I was sooooo witty.

Saddle issues 
I lerv the Adamo saddle  I have on my TT bike, but I think there are a few issues that needed sorting out....see these post ride pix


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment