“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 14 February 2013

Stuck at the computer

by a pup who wakes up the moment I move, so I might as well put up another post on the blog.

World travellers that we are, my better half Phil has just returned from South America and  Antarctica and in a few month's time (mid July to be more exact) it's my turn.  Alex will travel a bit later and for a shorter period.  I'm away for 10 weeks.  Everything is neatly dovetailed so the cats don't have to end up in a cattery for weeks on end.

My plans involve Italian language schools, training and racing. Language schools in Feltre again and Torino and racing in Torino (World Masters Games), Hartberg (3 of the races in their Masters week), St Johann in Tyrol (2 World Masters Classic races..TT and RR) and finally if I qualify in the TT race in Rottnest , near Perth during April, Trento for the UCI World Masters Champs.  TT only for the latter as I have an issue with the Grand Fondo qualification idea  for the RR and so will not be a part of it. 

So far the 2 schools are sorted as is all my accommodation and the lease car.  Entry into the events will happen, as usual, at the death knock.  I've learned from experience that if you are not the defending champion in a TT  and therefore get to be last off, entering early means you get to be 1 of the early starters..sort of first in best dressed...but in fact  worst not best dressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment