“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 30 June 2013

Yesterdays' TT and do you believe the word or the picture?


Last race til Trento!...the  Geelong CC TT at Paraparap

Yesterday's ~24km TT was once again at Paraparap and was THE coldest race I have ever done...as someone who has a tendency to get overheated while racing, it was the first time I have ever raced a TT in arm warmers and I was seriously considering leaving the leg warmers on. 

The course was a 2 lapper with the start  being directly into a headwind which made cranking up the speed a challenge.  I opted to start in big chain ring, but soon shifted down.  I worked hard and came in as 2nd female, not too far behind a young triathelete chick on a very groovy bike.  I managed to beat the person who crushed me timewise last week...yay!

The sad thing is that I managed to wipe all the data from my Garmin and so have nothing to pour over, no charts to look at, no minute analysing of where I could have gone faster etc etc.  All I know from scrolling through the data on finishing is that my HR was where it should have been for at least a part of the race and that I took 41.07.  

This is a bit slower than last time, which given the start location and the weather is understandable. The weather?..see above and the start?...well, on the previous time I raced the 2 lapper it was located further back from the headwind section and so you could take a fair amount of speed into that  section on both laps rather than this time where you had to generate speed from a standing start on lap 1 into what was a significant headwind..something I found difficult.  Sounds good doesn't it!...shame I haven't got the data to prove the hypothesis.

TT at Trento
This from their website:
" The course starts with a rolling descent between kilometer 3 and 7. Then riders follow the magnificent side of Lake Cavedine to start a 2km climb between km 16 and 18. The rest is more or less flat on wide open roads. "

So the course, which actually appears to start with a 2.5km climb(!) and which is 24.7km  in total apparently, if we believe the above,  has  4 km  downhill and 2km of climb..the rest being "more or less flat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??? a spin doctor's version of the truth!  a veritable lesson in how to soften the blow, cos to my eyes on this rough guide  at least 11km of  the course is tilted up!!
12 days and counting.


No comments:

Post a Comment