“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Friday 19 July 2013

finally I'm on the internet

 What dramas there are around getting one's electronics working properly in another country.  Done now thankfully...no need to spend any more of my fortune drinking in cafe's just to get to the free wifi.

Soooo...Street and town names have always tickled my pathetically juvenile sense of humour and therefore it was with some delight that I discovered a town near here called Arsie.  I've not yet managed to take a pix of the town sign, but here in the meantime is the result of my trawling the internet.

Nothing really 'cos maybe it really is appropriately named.  However trip advisor.com tells me one can have:  Arsie Vacations.....although when you get to the page it is blank!!!!!
 
The next sign to grab my attention while happily driving waaaay above the speed limit and still being the slowest car on the road was  "Ospedaletto"...since ospedale= hospital and letto= bed I spent some time musing about what the difference was between an ordinary ospedale and an ospedaletto.  I mean, I know the financial situation here is dire but......

It wasn't til I was driving back along the same road that I realised that Ospedaletto is the name of the town!  Doh!

That same drive for a micro second my life flashed before my eyes when, while driving in a long tunnel, the one of my bike tyres exploded...BANG...shhhhhhhhhh!  For the briefest of seconds and with absolutely nowhere to go safely, I sort of waited for the car to go out of control.  Phew...next stop comfort food!

Tomorrow I have my first race...not up for much, but gotta start somewhere.





No comments:

Post a Comment