“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Luchon

We were here exactly 10 years ago and I have ridden some of the same roads.... in better times too (!) and taken some of the same photos.

I'm not over enamoured of the area..it's very grey...grey stone buildings and for quite a bit of our time here...grey skies too.  In some ways it reminds me of the Lake Dsitrict in UK...dry stone walls and Scotland with it's stepped roof edges..or perhaps that's  Belgium or Holland??

Our apartment here is very basic and I'm not impressed...yes there is a dish washer but she has left 1 cube thing only and she's also left 1/2 toilet roll, a dribble of dish washing liquid, the washing machine instructions are for a different machine and the clothes horses are decrepit.  the internet is pathetic.  But...it's cheapish and handy.

I did one huge 110km ride  with a few cols in it, then settled down to more specific TT training...actually I was too stuffed to do anything else!










No comments:

Post a Comment