“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Saturday 12 May 2018

2018...... older and slower but still striving ......


(liberated from the confines of facebook!)

It's nearly time to say farewell to the heady delights of putting a cold heart rate monitor onto a warm body and having my nose dripping the entire subsequent ride, even when training inside!  All my preparations are complete apart from bike servicing and tyre glueing. The exchange rate of 59 euro cents/$A and 52 pence/$A was definitely not to my liking, but what can you do? eat out less, buy less souvenirs?

This year's itinerary is as follows:
  • Melbourne to UK via Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris and the Tunnel (I'm currently watching that TV show on iview!)
  • stay with rels
  • Peterborough for a TT
  • York for a school reunion then back into Europe
  •  Feltre, Italy  via Reims and Sankt Johann in Tirol
  •  Naples area  for Pompeii etc
  • Sicily for Etna etc
  • Puglia for the Trulli and the Sassi of Matera (houses with a difference)
Trulli and Sassi

Once again posts to this blog  depend completely on internet access, although this year I've made a point of ensuring free WiFi wherever possible and also given last year's weather AC.  Oh and TV!!  our near Rome apartment didn't specify there was TV so I wrote to ensure we would not be denied the heady delights of watching the TdF!  Sorted!

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment