“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Thursday 31 May 2018

Peterborough

The view inside:
bikes get to stay inside of course

and  ditto outside:
fat and bold

We had an extremely bizarre experience in a London mini  mart  the day I arrived.  We were waiting to pay and the couple in front were arguing as to who should pay for their purchases with the woman using her card and the man proffering a 20 pound note which lay on the counter for a while so I said, well if neither of you want it, I'm happy to take it.😀  The woman won by paying quickly with her card and they went away.  Then just as we were fishing for cash, the guy returned and said that he just had to pay for something so he paid for our stuff!!!!!!!!!!!  Pity it was less than 5 pounds really;-)  weird..must have missed his meds or something.

The way our itinerary is, there's only 1 time when the car is going to be over full and that is right at the end of the holiday when Alex and I and our 3 bike cases and all our miscellaneous gear are finally making our way to Munich airport.  Currently I have quite a bit of stuff, so I checked to see if the front passenger seat could fold out of the way and it could.  BUT I found I couldn't get it back..it was stuck in the brace position:

I tried every lever in sight and since the manual is in French, I ended up having to find a Citroen dealer to get help.  It was embarrassingly simple.. it was just that the lever was stiff...well that's my excuse anyway.

Losses so far: 2 tubes of XXXX strength mints and 1 ear bud rubber thing...no stereo... listening with 1 ear now.

5 comments:

  1. I believe that the generous donator thought that you had no money...🤭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry..I have only just seen this and yes, answering your next reply I was just passing through. At the end of the hols we are again visiting Halbergmoos to return the car.

      Delete
  2. When are you then in Munich? Or are you just passing by the airport and continuing on your way to Italy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta have a 'win' occasionally, but certainly bizarre!! I see you have had a few 'evening' rides, guess the sun is up late and the weather not too cold! Have fun on the weekend, and I'll loo for results Monday as I am in Kalgoorlie for the weekend with the cyclassic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also had a win in my York hotel where I got free laundry..I remain gobsmacked at the price the Marriott were asking for laundry. Actually our exchange rate is so crap I remain gobsmacked at all prices!

      Delete