“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Sunday 10 June 2018

UK-France-Germany-Austria and finally Italy!


3 days of  a school reunion (great fun and many laughs) followed by 4 days driving from York-Folkestone-Karlsruhe-Sankt Johann in Tirol to Feltre and finally no internet coverage has created one of those “I wonder what’s happening in the rest of the world” feeling.  The no internet thing is particularly peeving as I arrived here late on Saturday and  all 3 shops that provide SIMs are closed til Tuesday.

Folkestone and Karlsruhe were, to me, merely dormitory stops so I’ve nothing to comment about them except that the mozzies found me before leaving UK..having a good solid munch on the left hand side of my face, neck ,hand and thigh.  I really do reckon last years wasp sting has increased my insect bite sensitivity…I still look like I have an infected tooth and its 3 or 4 days ago. 

I’ve got 3 weeks where I am now, which is just outside of my favourite named place..Arsie which is in the pre dolomiti area of Veneto.

The tiny hamlet is called Mellame and is 6 hairpin bends above Arsie.  I had planned on taking pix on my way up this morning, anticipating the need to rest occasionally but surprisingly , there was no need.  Pix will eventually come..taken on the way down!!


With 3 weeks, I should manage to finish this jigsaw, although I may need Alex's help when he arrives in week 3








2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't get attacked too often by the mozzies, or left them behind in the UK!! certainly sounds as though your sensitivity has increased or they breed 'nasties' over there! Riding must be going ok since you didn't need your stops - now we wait for the next pics! Think the jigsaw will keep you occupied for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they've finally healed..for a while I looked like a victim!

    ReplyDelete