“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 27 June 2018

the hike to eremo san micel

For  about 5 years I've been looking at this white church perched high on a cliff above Arten, the home of the Sportful clothing outlet and offices.(centre of the pix below)  Finally last year I asked someone about it and again...finally this year I visited it.

I've discovered over the years that signage in these here parts is great to begin with, then not so,then often totally absent..and that was the case with this eremo (hermitage)..firstly no probs, then hard to read then..facing the wrong way!!!..then nothing except chose the path that goes more  uphill than the others. A path that was full of loose rocks and in places, very steep.

perfect signage

no probs here


readable but pointing the wrong way!


last sign..at about half way and with many splits in the path still to come



First came the fallen rocks


then the warning sign!


gorgeous mossy steps leading to.....?






finally got there




the reward!

I was grateful for this rope rail on the way down

2 comments:

  1. The view was worth it!!! Looks a very interesting and challenging walk to get there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my legs were toast the next day!

    ReplyDelete