“Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” Lou Holtz

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Recovery time

Exhausted by 3 days of testing out the TT course  and completely rattled by  all the traffic on the course (it's one of the roads to Como and Switzerland) and not really enjoying Varese itself, I opted to leave a day earlier than planned. 

So after my last ride and then a climb  to see a church up a very steep hill, I drove back to Mellame.  I could have taken the funicular and then a lift to the top..instead I drove to the car park and then walked.  Others cycled up..not me, my legs were toast already.


the tunnel is the entrance to a lift!

On the way out I had come via Vicenza but there are endless road works on the route so this time I opted to go via Trento..and once passed Milan, it was definitely a better option.

However I did see some incredibly bad driving near Trento when a car in the fast lane realised he wanted to exit right there and then and so cut across all lanes to do so. It's the closest I've been to being taken out and certainly shot adrenalin through my system at warp speed....I stopped at the next set of shops to settle the nerves.  Bad or incredibly skilled?..who knows but whichever it was as scarey as for me....

There are many ways to buy wine here in Italy..by the bottle, ie the usual way,  BYO bottle to the shop and fill up by tap or chateau cardboard in a variety of sizes....some cute


soo..back to Mellame with a few days of sunshine before apparently another coupla days of thunderstorms.  10 days of wearing sandals and the telltale feet tanlines are starting to appear,,although so far you have to know what you're looking for😃

No comments:

Post a Comment